Monday, October 6, 2008

i want to share it with the world

driving down goldenwest and i'm blasting hillsong
desert song comes on
oh man...
just what i needed
i know i'm filled to be emptied again
nothing lasts forever in this place
He gives and He takes
and i will still bring praise
lately my heart has been going through some wild fluctuations
it's been in the dumps, deprived, and depressed
and it's also been soaring
i want it to soar more often
i've had moments lately where my heart just wants to burst from my chest
something inside me that i just can't hold in
i think it's joy
joy in friends
joy in family
joy in the hope that everything will be ok
joy that no weapon formed against me shall remain
joy that i'm a soldier that fights in an army with a million other voices that cry the same battle cry
joy that i'm not alone
joy that He will provide
overabundant, overwhelming, overflowing
joy

No comments: