Wednesday, March 24, 2010

false disciples

True Disciples

21 "Not everyone who calls out to me, `Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.22 On judgment day many will say to me, `Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.'23 But I will reply, `I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.'

matthew 8

this one is pretty straightforward. not everyone who calls themselves a Christ follower will be allowed into heaven. anybody can call themselves a Christian. but what's really in our heart? are we doing it for our parents? are we calling ourselves that for a relationship? maybe for recognition? everyone has different motivations. like i've said before again and again, God's always looking at my heart. am i right with Him? am i doing these things for myself? or am i doing it because i love God so much that i simply want to live this way for Him? even if i touch many people's lives and accomplish amazing things in His name, but really all along i was doing it for the attention to myself, man, i never really knew Jesus! if i knew Jesus, i would want all the glory to go to Him! because He deserves it! not me! in the earlier post we were talking about false prophets or teachers, people we would listen or look up to. but here Jesus is slamming down on false disciples. and there are a lot of them out there. there are a lot of people who just don't have that intimate relationship with Him. they go to church, do all the right things, but seriously live lives that are no different than if they didn't know Jesus. i don't want to be a false disciple. i don't want to be someone who says that Jesus is my savior and yet have absolutely no relationship with Him whatsoever. and it doesn't start by going to church more or doing more charity work. it starts right here. in my heart. by reading. by praying. and not only that, but by truly opening up that line of communication between me and Him. without routines. without the same things prayed over and over again without even thinking about it. i want to know who He is. how much He loves me. i want to see Him everywhere i go. i want to be diligently just yearning to know more and more about Him because He's changed my life. i want to KNOW Jesus.

No comments: