Wednesday, March 4, 2009

faint heart

22-23As soon as the meal was finished, he insisted that the disciples get in the boat and go on ahead to the other side while he dismissed the people. With the crowd dispersed, he climbed the mountain so he could be by himself and pray. He stayed there alone, late into the night.

24-26Meanwhile, the boat was far out to sea when the wind came up against them and they were battered by the waves. At about four o'clock in the morning, Jesus came toward them walking on the water. They were scared out of their wits. "A ghost!" they said, crying out in terror.

27But Jesus was quick to comfort them. "Courage, it's me. Don't be afraid."

28Peter, suddenly bold, said, "Master, if it's really you, call me to come to you on the water."

29-30He said, "Come ahead."

Jumping out of the boat, Peter walked on the water to Jesus. But when he looked down at the waves churning beneath his feet, he lost his nerve and started to sink. He cried, "Master, save me!"

31Jesus didn't hesitate. He reached down and grabbed his hand. Then he said, "Faint-heart, what got into you?"

Matthew 14

it was me. with Him right in front of me, i started looking around and saw the waves. i got scared. i started to doubt. this past Sunday when i read that last part, tears started coming to my eyes. it went straight to my heart. God saying, "Faint-heart, what got into you?" i don't know what got into me either. i lost hope. i need hope. i need to keep my eyes on Jesus. i've felt what it's like not to. and i never want to do it again. it's a very lonely feeling. this is what i needed to hear:

"my love is over,
its underneath, its inside, its in between
the times you doubt me, when you can't feel
the times that you've questioned 'is this for real?'
the times you've broken, the times that you mend
the times you hate me and the times that you bend
well my love is over, its underneath
its inside, its in between,
these times you're healing
and when your heart breaks
the times that you feel like you've fallen from grace
the times you're hurting
the times that you heal
the times you go hungry and are tempted to steal
in times of confusion and chaos and pain
im there in your sorrow under the weight of your shame
im there through your heartache
im there in the storm
in my love i will keep you by my power alone
i dont care where you've fallen or where you have been
i'll never forsake you
my love never ends, it never ends"

times - tenth avenue north

No comments: