Thursday, September 27, 2012

always

learning now that i need to make a decision. a definitive one. to be a man and choose and stick by what i choose. if it's the wrong one, then it will be revealed to me. God is with me, so what do i have to fear?

i've been thinking through so many scenarios lately. what would happen if i did this? if i went this direction? how would it play out? and i'm brought back to this verse from hebrews. "and let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. we do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith." i need to stop looking at the scenarios. what could or might not happen. and just trust. to walk and trust. hands out, letting God lead. surrendering that He has me and will take care of me each step of the way. refining me and purifying me.

i'm such a big thinker. i think about everything. i think so much that it gets in the way of acting. it gets in the way of committing. it's not always bad. i want to be able to think and say things well. to speak truth in love. to make sure people feel loved and wanted. but lots of times as well, it gets in the way of God receiving glory. it stops me in my tracks. and even though there are times to think long and hard about what i have to say, there are times that i need to just stop thinking and trust. to stop worrying and being anxious and remember that Christ has risen! there is nothing to fear! God is with me, and i have everything that i need! no matter where i go.

i need to remember these truths.

my life is in His hands. my life is for Him. my life is to bring Him glory and share His love with others. God is with me always. always.

No comments: