Sunday, September 30, 2012

His will

now that i'm content with wherever i end up, it's just waiting for confirmations from God. i know i can't drag people along with me, no matter how supportive they are of me and where i'm going. i can't do that when i know that they're not going to be ok. it's a part of the responsibility of being a spiritual leader. i have to put the needs of my loved ones first before my own. if i've received a calling that God has not yet put on people in my family, i can't rip them out of where they are and challenge them when they're not ready. i can't just play the spiritual authority card and have them follow me, kicking and screaming. it's not good then and definitely not good in the long run as their respect for me fades for bringing them somewhere that wasn't placed on their hearts.

asking God to humble my heart. to keep my eyes on Him. to take my eyes off of myself. to put first His kingdom and His will for my life. to put aside what people may think and think about what will bring Him the most glory. wherever He would have me go, to know that He is with me. He is with me and I will not fear. no matter how hard, how grueling, how amazing, how beautiful the journey will turn out to be. i surrender. i want to know Him more.

to remember what Jesus did on the cross for me. where, "though He was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. instead, He gave up His divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. when He appeared in human form, He humbled Himself in obedience to God and died a criminal's death on a cross." He gave up everything for me. how could i not do the same for Him? to surrender my life. to lay it all down so that people have an opportunity to see Him in my life and enter into a real and living relationship with Jesus Christ.

Your will be done in my life, Lord. take it all from me. because you gave it all first. i gladly and joyfully surrender my life for Your glory, Your cause, Your love!

No comments: