Tuesday, October 2, 2012

the peace of God

had an awesome talk with a friend last night. talking about Jesus and just how amazing He is. the crazy thing is this person is going through some really tough life circumstances right now but it's so cool to see them just depend on God and find His peace through it. so encouraging. something that anyone else would easily find frustration and anger at God. but to see this person praise God through it and lift Him up was just so beautiful.

i've been learning how to pray out my anxieties and to be filled with the peace of God. and it's possible to be filled with peace because i know that my circumstances don't define and dictate my joy. my joy is in Jesus Christ, who is never-failing and always there for me. so whatever happens in my life, i don't have to worry anymore. God is with me, whom or what shall i fear? to see this person going through so much, and to see them trusting in God, it tells me that i, too, can handle anything that this world has to throw at me!

i'm brought to this verse in philippians 4. "don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." it's true. it exceeds all understanding. people don't understand why these Christians can have such peace in troubling times. it's not because we're ignorant or refuse to face facts. we see all that life has thrown at us and find strength in Christ Jesus who strengthens us. 

God is our everything. our hope and strong foundation. unchanging and unshakeable. my life will be shaken and pushed back and forth. but my God is strong and always with me! no matter what happens, God is so good! He has already given me so much and i couldn't ask for anything more! what an amazing peace we have. =]

and with this, our conversation turned from our circumstances to talking about how we could glorify God through our circumstances. to be able to share how much Jesus loves us using the life situations we've been through and we are in. to always be on mission. to share this hope, peace, and love that we've received with the world. =]

No comments: