Thursday, October 4, 2012

endurance

slowly but surely, God is leading us to a decision. as i'm surrendering my desires and what i want, i start seeing the need and how i can glorify God the most. as i factor myself out of the equation, it becomes apparent of what decision i need to make, no matter the trials, difficulties, uncertainty, and fear that i face. again, i have to remind myself that God is with me and i don't have to fear. =] my life is in His hands and i just need to trust.

when i think about the next steps, the move, i remember the pain. the disappointments, the loneliness, the tears. but it was in these moments that my faith grew because God met me. and He made me strong through the obstacles. thuy and i started reading james yesterday and this verse really stuck out to me. "dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. for you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow." i want my endurance, my perseverance to grow. i want to be more mature in my faith. i want to serve God with everything that i have, when things are amazing and especially when everything is falling apart. i want to be faithful and marked by endurance. the same way Jesus endured all the pain of going to the cross for me. He didn't back out, He took on sin and death and didn't give up because He knew who He was doing it for. To glorify His father and to save us! 

I want to endure to glorify my Father and hopefully share this love of Jesus with the world! and in this love, people would come to know the endurance and faithfulness of God's love and they would come to know Him through me. through a love that doesn't give up in hardships, that endures through pain and tears, that perseveres through so much difficulty. this is the love of Jesus and i want to be the man that displays that for people to see. =] so they can see Jesus and ask about Him. and i can share the amazing story of the God who gave everything to be with us. =]

and not just through me. i want to pass this love on to the younger generation. to fill up youngsters just like me. to disciple and show them what it means to love like Jesus. to multiply this love. to share the Gospel. this amazing, revolutionary, Good News! 

Lord, fill me to fill others! give me the love to love the world. help me to teach younger ones how to love without end. to love in a way that the world cannot understand. to love like Jesus. =]

No comments: