Tuesday, October 16, 2012

monies

now is the next part of my journey. i know where God has called me to be committed in the sense of a church family and body. where to serve and pour my efforts into. to pray for and lift up. but now is when i face the next big question. what do i do for a living?

how am i going to make money? do i go into ministry? into worship leading? do i continue on and get my master's in counseling and down the line become a therapist? do i try to intern at olive crest again and see if i can get a job working with foster youth? do i give photography another try and start up a business again? 

i was talking to my mentor and was learning that any choice i choose now will be God-honoring. that God will use for His glory. but he made sure to tell me that i shouldn't go into ministry if there are other things i feel like i should be doing. ministry should really be a calling from God and not just an option amongst others. so when i'm actually in ministry, in the midst of the pain and confusion and trials, i know that i'm not there because of a whim, i'm there because God called me into it and i will be steadfast in it.

i know i love working with kids. i love working teenagers. i get passionate when i think about being able to mentor and let younger ones know that they have people who truly care about them and believe in them. especially the ones from broken families. i want to be able to be there to point them to Jesus, the one who will love them always when everyone else fails to love them. 

or photography. it's something that i enjoy doing. something that i have a knack for. and it frees me up to be able to lead worship. to mentor youth. to invest in my community. 

right now, i'm just asking for signs. for affirmations. for God to show me which way to go. God has given me gifts. and i want to use them well. i've been mulling on this verse for the past couple of days from 1 peter 4, "do you have the gift of speaking? then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. do you have the gift of helping others? do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. all glory and power to him forever and ever! amen." i want to do whatever i choose to do with the strength of God. to endure the hardships of my work with the strength of my Father so i do an amazing job and God is glorified through it! i want to use my gifts to serve and bless others well. all so that God may be glorified. 

God, would you take out selfish motives from my heart. help me to be attentive to Your Spirit. help me to make a decision that will serve the kingdom and the people around me. help me to keep my eyes on you always! you take care of me, not my job. my job is to help me love the world well and serve you, Lord! keep me connected to you as i try to make these important decisions.

No comments: