Sunday, October 7, 2012

take back the throne

following through on commitments. asking God for more affirmations that this is where He wants me to be. to show me the bones. to remind me that i'm on the right path. no matter the trials that i may face, whatever the loneliness, or the hard lessons to learn, i want to be totally committed and trusting God all the way. no matter where He takes me, i will remain faithful. no matter where He will have me, i know that that is where i truly want to be, in His will. =]

read this in james today, "for wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind. but the wisdom from above is first of all pure. it is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. it is full of mercy and good deeds. it shows no favoritism and is always sincere." i want to be a man that is seen for the wisdom that's from God, not for jealousy and selfish ambition. for so long, i've been doing things because i'm jealous of other churches or people or because i want to be somewhere for my own personal benefit. and my ministry and my life get messed up because of it! people get hurt and i end up serving fleeting desires that just don't satisfy. but no more! i want my motivations to be pure! i want to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus! i want to glorify God and serve wherever i am. not for my benefit but for the world to see Jesus! i can't make people fall in love with Jesus but i can set up the first date. =] or even let people know how amazing He is by the way i talk about Him and live my life. =]

it's the surrender of my heart. to trust when i don't see what's ahead. to remain faithful when i don't see how long the pain will last. to love strong even when the hurricanes come. to have my foundation built on solid rock. to let God back on the throne of my heart and my life. to let Him take the reins. to simply rely on Him and let Him take me where He wants to take me. to find comfort in Him and Him alone. to be still and know that He is God. to be connected to the true Vine. my Jesus. my Savior. =]

use me, Lord. i love You so much. God, i surrender everything to You. You deserve it all. all the power, glory, praise. forever and ever. i just want to know You more and more. continue to refine me, God. purify my heart. make me more and more like You! 

No comments: