Sunday, October 14, 2012

there's nothing like

all powerful, all glorious, there's nothing like the name of Jesus. i've been listening to the newest hillsong album and there's a song that has this refrain in it. it's amazing how much more a song means when you're broken and in need of Jesus! and when you really read into a song, it has so much more power! for this particular verse, it really reminds me that there is nothing like the name of Jesus.

Jesus. yah-shua. the God who saves. the name that brings healing to broken lives. that brings hope to the hopeless. that is close to the broken-hearted. that came to bridge the gap between us and God. that broke the chains of sin. that took on the punishment and wrath of a just God. that shows us that God cares. that shows us that God chases. that shows us that God immensely loves His children so much that He would sacrifice a part of Himself so that we could be together. the name that brings worth to the those who think they are worthless. the name that is a solid rock in the midst of trials and difficulties that this life has to bring. the name that secures our seat next to the Father. the name that gives us courage to love, to endure, to pursue people in the same way that He pursues us. Jesus. what a beautiful name. =]

i want to lift my gaze to this name. this man. this God. who loves me so. even through the ugliness inside of me and my forgetfulness. my life is a response to what this man did on the cross for me. in response to what God sacrificed for me. i lay down my life so that others will hopefully see Him alive in me. that they would someday understand how much He loves them and wants to be with them. to let them know that He calls them His own, bought by the blood of Jesus, adopted into the family, restored and redeemed for a purpose much bigger than anything any of us could have dreamed of. =] 

the cost is great but the reward is greater! Jesus Christ is all i want. He is more than anything this world has to offer me. more than all the riches, more than all the adventure, more than all the memories, more than all the relationships. these things are all great things, but in light of Jesus, they just can't compare! nothing compares to this great love that chases and redeems! His love is my riches, following Jesus is my adventure, memories will fade, and relationships will too but knowing Him will last forever and ever! my hope isn't here on this earth, my hope is heaven. my hope is in Jesus.

No comments: